Advertisement

Stay In The Kitchen If You’re Cooking

Advertisement

December 24, 2019 at 4:39 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On December 23, 2019 at approximately 2:30pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported fire alarm activated in an apartment complex in the 45000 block of Storey Avenue.

Firefighters responded from fire halls 1 and 4, and on arrival, reported alarm bells actived and light smoke in the hallway of the three-story apartment complex.

Upon investigation firefighters found that one of the residents of the apartment complex had a pot on the stove catch fire and spread to the kitchen cabinets. The resident quickly used a fire extinguisher to control and extinguish the fire.

Fire crew’s setup ventilation and assessed the apartment of origin to ensure the fire was out.

The apartment suite suffered minor fire and smoke damage. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by unattended cooking oil. Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public to never leave cooking unattended and that smoke alarms save lives

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement



  • Advertisement