Advertisement

Electrical Fire Destroys Trailer

Advertisement

December 23, 2019 at 4:36 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On December 19, 2019 at approximately 1:30am the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported residential structure fire located in the 8000 block of Viscount Place.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 4, 5 and 6, and on arrival, reported a fully involved travel trailer in the back yard of the residence. The fire was noticed by a passerby who called 911 and then alerted the owners of the fire, who were asleep in their home. The travel trailer was vacant at the time of the fire, but was in close proximity to other structures and hedges on the property. Firefighters gained control of the fire quickly preventing the fire from spreading. The travel trailer suffered major fire and smoke damage.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature, caused by the failure of an extension cord which was plugged in to the home’s electrical system and the travel trailer.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind owners extension cords are for temporary use only. Have a qualified electrician determine if additional circuits or wall outlets are needed.

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement



  • Advertisement