Advertisement

Structure Fires Due to Portable Heater Use

Advertisement

February 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm - Home, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

In the past week Chilliwack Fire Department has responded to structure fires on Wellington Avenue, Old Yale Road, Prest Road, and Mc Naught Avenue all related to the use of portable heaters.
Fortunately there was no firefighter or civilian injuries or deaths at these incidents.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public to:
*Follow manufactures recommendations when using, installing, and caring for portable heaters
*Not leave portable heaters unattended with children and livestock
*Ensure manufacturer recommended clearances are maintained between portable heaters and any combustible materials
*Check on the heaters and surroundings frequently to ensure they are not posing a fire hazard

 

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement


  • C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement