Advertisement

Recreational Vehicle Fire

Advertisement

November 27, 2018 at 4:33 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

At approximately 3:15pm today the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 9700 block of Skrhelam Cres.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 4 & 6. Upon arrival fire fighters were met on scene by the owner of the travel trailer who was trying to extinguish an interior fire within the trailer. The owner was working on the R.V. unit earlier this afternoon and had a space heater in the trailer to dry out dampness.

Firefighters quickly went to a defensive attack and stop the fire before damage could be done to nearby trailers on the property. The recreational vehicle sustained major interior fire damage.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind homeowners that all heaters need space. Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet (1 metre) away from heating equipment. Place space heaters on a solid, flat surface and keep them and their electrical cords away from things that can burn, high traffic areas, and doorways.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONNC4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement