Barn Fire


October 17, 2018 at 4:23 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On October 15, 2018 at approximately 2100 hours the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in a small barn in the 5000 block of Lickman Rd.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, 4, and 6 and on arrival, reported heavy fire and smoke venting from the structure. Occupants were home but unaware of the fire, which was called in by a neighbour. Fire crews setup a defensive attack bringing the fire under control and ensuring no extension to other structures.

There were no civilian, firefighter, or animal injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental caused by an unattended heat source.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public that animals are unpredictable and can knock heat sources over. Please follow the manufacturer recommendations when using portable heat sources to keep areas warm.




  • Advertisement

  • C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement