Advertisement

Dryer Fire

Advertisement

July 10, 2018 at 4:29 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On July 09, 2018 at approximately 1100am the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a
reported structure fire located in a duplex in the 45000 block of Reece Avenue.

One occupant was at home at the time of the fire, and noticed smoke in the structure. Realizing the smoke was
coming from a fire in the clothes dryer the occupant took the appropriate action and deenergized
the dryer by unplugging it, calling 911, and exiting the building.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4 and on arrival, reported smoke in one unit of the
duplex. Fire crews setup an offensive attack, entered the structure, extinguished the fire in the
dryer and removed the dryer from the home. The home suffered light smoke damage.
There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public to ensure lint traps are cleaned after each use,
and dryer venting is cleaned regularly

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONN
    C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement