Advertisement

Chicken Barn Fire

Advertisement

November 23, 2017 at 4:28 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On November 22, 2017 at approximately 04:00am the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in a chicken barn in the 48000 block of Camp River Rd.


Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, and 4, and on arrival, reported light smoke venting from inside the structure. Occupants were home at the time of the fire and quickly extinguished the fire with a garden hose. Fire was confined to a small workshop within the barn. Fire crews setup and overhauled the fire area ensuring no extension to the rest of the structure.

There were no civilian, firefighter, or animal injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by a heat lamp used to keep some piglets warm.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public that animals are unpredictable and can knock heat sources over. Please follow the manufacturer recommendations when using portable heat sources to keep areas warm.

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONN
    C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement