Advertisement

House Fire

Advertisement

October 17, 2017 at 4:25 am - Home, MyChilliwackNews, MyChilliwackNews.com Poll
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On October 14, 2017, at approximately 10:00pm the Chilliwack Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 10000 block of Mcdonald Road. Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4 and on arrival, reported heavy smoke showing from behind a single story residential home.

Six (6) residents had safely evacuated to the front yard.

Fire crews entered the structure and discovered fire in the rear bedroom.
The fire was quickly extinguished and crews worked to minimize the smoke and water damage.

Majority of the fire damage was limited to the bedroom contents with smoke damage to the remainder of the home.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental and is related to a candle burning too close to combustibles.

Chilliwack Fire Department wants to remind the public to be very careful when burning candles. Candles should be placed in a sturdy, non-combustible holder and kept a minimum of 0.3 m (1’) away from all combustibles.
Working smoke alarms provide early warning of a fire that allows you to safely evacuate.

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONN
    C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement