Advertisement

Unattended Cooking Oil Causes Fire

Advertisement

September 27, 2017 at 4:29 am - Home, Local Chilliwack News, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On September 25, 2017 at approximately 8:00pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in a townhouse complex in the 5600 block of Vedder Rd. Neighbours saw black smoke and fire venting from the roof of the townhouse and called the fire department.


Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 3, 4, and 6, and on arrival, reported flames and heavy black smoke venting from the roof of the two story townhouse. Occupants were home at the time of the fire and quickly evacuated the building when they noticed the fire. Fire crews setup an aggressive offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control, minimizing the damage to adjacent units.

The townhouse of fire origin suffered major fire and smoke damage to the interior and exterior of the structure. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by unattended cooking oil.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public to never leave cooking unattended and that smoke alarms save lives.

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONN
    C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement