Advertisement

Car Battery Charging System Causes Fire

Advertisement

June 28, 2017 at 12:09 pm - Home, MyChilliwackNews
By MyChilliwackNews Editor

On June 26, 2017 at approximately 11:30am the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 11000 block of Carey Rd. Occupants were alerted to the
fire by an activated home smoke alarm.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, and 4, and on arrival, reported seeing light smoke venting from a basement window. Occupants had evacuated the home and had initiated fire control
from the exterior of the structure. Fire crews setup an offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control.

The home suffered minor fire and smoke damage to the interior of the structure. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and caused by a lithium-ion battery charging station.

Chilliwack Fire Dept. wants to remind the public:

*To carefully read and follow all manufactures instructions when using any electrical devices

* That working smoke alarms provide an early warning of a fire, giving people additional escape time.

* Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working

Comments

comments

  • Advertisement

  • DrivThruLnch_300x50_OCONN
    C4Cinema_300x50

  • Advertisement

  • VV_reciptag